Formby Pool is opening on 12th April and they are very excited to welcome everyone back!
Following the recent government announcement regarding leisure facilities, Formby Pool are very excited to welcome you back to the facility from Monday 12th April 2021. Please note that the dates below are subject to amendments and may change in line with further Government guidance.
What does this mean for gym/swim and fitness class members?
• Our fitness suite and swimming pools will reopen on Monday 12th April and will continue to operate as previous, with reduced capacity and pre-booking required.
• Due to government restrictions we are unable to deliver indoor group exercise classes and will be continuing with online zoom classes. A new timetable will be released shortly with sessions commencing from Monday 12th April. Zoom codes will be available for all members who have fitness classes included as part of their membership.
• Aqua aerobics classes and all indoor fitness classes will restart from 17th May.
• Direct debits for all gym/swim and class memberships will restart from 1st May 2021.
What does this mean for swim school?
• Swimming lessons will recommence from Monday 12th April 2021 this includes parent and baby/toddler sessions and club.
• Adult Master and beginner sessions will restart on 17th May.
• Direct debits for swimming lessons will restart from 1st May 2021 as April swimming lessons are covered by payments taken in November 2020, prior to the last lockdown.
• Lesson times and days will remain as previous, if you are unsure and require confirmation please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• To help us maintain a COVID secure facility and protect the safety of those attending lessons please remember to adhere to the following rules.
o We ask that attendance is limited to one parent/guardian per child
o Parents to wear face masks upon entering the facility
o Parents to remain in designated viewing areas for the duration of the lesson
o Due to limited availability within the changing village, all showers will remain unavailable for the duration of swim school sessions.
o Swimmers must arrive “beach ready” as changing cubicles will only be allocated after lessons have finished and not before.
o If your child or anyone within the household is displaying symptoms associated with COVID-19, please protect others by staying at home.
o Prior to the previous lockdown we made slight adjustments to the lesson start times for stages 2 and 3 to help facilitate greater social distancing at the pool hall drop off and collection point. Children swimming in STAGE 2 lessons will continue to commence and finish 5 minutes later than usual, whilst STAGE 3 lessons will commence and finish 10 minutes later.
Will the café be open?
• The café will be open for takeaway hot/cold drinks and snacks from Monday 12th April between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
• Due to government restrictions there will be no indoor seating available, however the café area will be made available for parents of children attending swimming lessons.
How do I book a session for the week commencing 12th April?
• Our phone lines will be open from Tuesday 6th April – Friday 10th April between the hours of 10am and 2pm for you to ring and book a session or a casual swim.
• Members can book online via the websites online booking facility.
Formby Pool Trust will regularly update the website and social media platforms with further information. If you have any general enquiries, please email to: email@example.com.
Finally, the safety and wellbeing of our community and staff remains our utmost priority and we are continuing to follow official guidance from Government, Public Health England and relevant national governing bodies. We will endeavor to keep all members updated during this time and once again would like to thank you for your patience and continued support.
We look forward to seeing you in April.
Formby Pool Trust