Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer fire in Formby
Merseyside Fire & Rescue attended a Tumble dryer fire in Formby.
A spokesman from Merseyside Fire & Rescue said: "Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer fire at a property on Firs Close in Formby at 3.59pm on Monday, June 26."
"Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 3.30pm and crews were alerted at 3.31pm. They were on scene at 3.39pm. Two fire engines attended the incident."
"Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire. The tumble dryer and its contents were entirely damaged by fire. A washing machine and its contents sustained severe fire damage. A quantity of kitchen units, worktops, and oven, a microwave and a glazed window were severely damaged by fire. The kitchen and the remainder of the property sustained smoke damage."
"Firefighters carried out a Home Fire Safety Check and fitted new smoke alarms.
They were on scene for around one hour."
Did you know that LINT is the most flammable item in your home? Please take this as a warning to check our dryers. First, always clean the lint from the dryer, and second, never leave the dryer running when you are not home or when you are in bed. This can happen any time to any one.