top of page

Advertise Here.

Read Full Story Here...
Formby School of Dancing & Perfoming Arts new banner.jpg

It was another great weekend of football at Formby Junior Sports Club. Franks report here…

It was another great weekend of football at Formby Junior Sports Club.  For many of the Representative teams it was the last fixture of the season.




FJSC Under 14 Saturday team played Georges Juniors in the Hightown League Spring Championship.  The two teams were unbeaten going into the match.  Midway through the first half Archie Ogden gave FJSC the lead from an assist by Alfie Holden.  Georges came back strongly and resolute defending from FJSC was needed with the whole team working hard.  Archie Ogden scored with a superb finish late on after receiving a lovely through ball from Charlie Garvey.  Man of the Match was Berat Ulusoy.  


On Sunday FJSC Under 14’s was in action again in another cup competition in the Skelmersdale Junior League.  Playing uphill in the first half FJSC kept out Real Skem until two minutes before half time when they scored.   In the second half Thomas Prior equalised  and then FJSC took the lead through Alfie Holden.  Real Skem drew level scoring from a penalty.  The match went to penalties and sadly FJSC lost 5-4.  Man of the Match was Daniel Hill.  


FJSC Under 13 Blacks played Crosby Stuart in midweek and recorded a hard fought 3 nil victory with a goal each from Ethan Donegan, Ethan Murphy and Abe Rice.


FJSC Under 12 Whites lost 5-1 in their final league match of the season against Redgate Rovers Yellows.  Sylvan O’Hara scored theFJSC goal.  



FJSC Under 11 Blacks went into their match with Remyca looking to bounce back after losing a week ago. The team started incredibly slowly and  Remyca took full advantage and created a number of chances which Oscar Phillips in goal did well to keep the score at 0-0. After ten minutes Remyca scored the goal that they deserved to go 1 nil ahead. It took another five minutes and another outstanding save from Oscar Phillips to wake FJSC up.


With Alfie Forsyth starting to gain control in midfield winning tackle after tackle, the ball was played out to the wing where a cross was played in and Alfie popped up to drill the equaliser in. The goal kick started FJSC into action. A good run from Charlie Richardson saw him curl a shot into the far corner to make it 2-1.   A Ben Webster thunderbolt followedto make it 3-1 at half time.


The second half started with Oscar Phillipshaving to make a really good save to keep the game at 3-1 before Isaac Jones got the goal his performance deserved to make it 4-1.  Louis O’Connor started to push forward from midfield. This created openings with Caden Walker latching onto a pass to coolly slot home for the fifth goal. The final goal of the match was a well taken goal from Finley Scott.  It was a much better team performance after a slow start.  Man of the Match was Alfie Forsyth.


On Saturday FJSC Under 11 Blacks made another very slow start and it cost them dearly when Greenloons swept into a three goal lead within four minutes.  The FJSC boys howeverpulled themselves together and fought hard for the following fifty-six minutes to at least salvage their pride. 


As the game progressed Greenloons weredetermined to defend their score which made it very difficult for FJSC to create goalscoring opportunities. The team also had to show theirown defensive strength at times, and Oscar Phillips pulled off a series of crucial saves to keep the scoreline as it was.  There were anumber of notable performances. Caden Walker exhibited his trademark relentless perseverance, and  came closest to testing the Greenloons keeper with a one-on-one opportunity. FJSC struggled to capitalise on the minimal opportunities that were created. Alfie Forsyth's efforts in the second half were commendable, as he continuously battled to make an impact on the game.  Caden Walker was awarded Man of the Match for his continuous determination.  


FJSC Under 10 Whites Saturday team played their final League game in the Premier league.A win against third placed Muniflex was needed to take them back to the top of the table and guarantee at least a second place finish.


FJSC started well and went three goals ahead with Diego Funes-Cervera and Zack Cooper scoring. These goals came after some fantastic play down the right hand side from IsaacRimmer and Clayton Connolly. FJSC appeared to be in control but conceded twosloppy goals and went in at half time only a goal ahead. At the start of the second half FJSC could have been behind if it wasn't foran incredible save from Edgar Johnson whohas carried on his fantastic form all season.


Josh Halpin, Zac McHugh and HueyStevenson gained a stranglehold in midfield and were quick to break up the attacks and set the forwards on their way. This allowed ZachCooper to score a double hat trick and a brace was also scored by Thomas Crutchley.


The result sees Formby go back top of the league for now.  However their nearest opponents Northfield have one match to play and could pip FJSC to the title. Either way theFJSC Under 10 Whites have had an incredible year in the Hightown Junior League and we are all very proud of them. The boys have a Cup Final against Muniflex on 11th May. 


FJSC Under 10 Whites completed their Craven Minor League with a thrilling seven goal match against Marina Sands.   Goals from Jemmy Byrne and Isaac Rimmer gave FJSC a comfortable lead only for Marina Sands to come back to 3-3.  In a great finish to the match FJSC were awarded with a free kick and up stepped the match winner Diego Funes-Cervera to score the decisive goal.  

FJSC Under 10 Blacks played against a strong Southport FC Yellows team. For the majority of the first half the Blacks dominated possession with Harley Evans, Max Fairhurst, Finn McDerby and Ryan Lamb all holding a strong back line to prevent Southport FC from getting a clear shot on goal. Albie Grahamdictated the play from the centre of midfield working from box to box. There were chances to score with Huey Stevenson, Jacob Holton, George Croughan, Rory Rankine and OliverHall -Gleeson all going close. Southport FC’sdefence held strong and there were some great saves from the Southport FC Yellows goalkeeper which kept the score goalless athalf time. 

After a positive team talk at half time FJSCseemed to find another gear going into the second half and eventually the first goal came from a Harley Evans shot come cross which was turned in from close range by RoryRankine. 

FJSC then doubled their lead when FinnMcDerby won the ball in midfield and turneda couple of Southport players before passing the ball across to Jacob Holton to score with a great finish.  Goalkeeper Henry Moors was alert to any balls coming into his box.  After many attempts at goal Harley Evans finally got his just rewards by grabbing himself a goal from long range which was dispatched into thebottom corner of the Southport FC net . Harley Evans was Man of the Match for the fIrst time this season.

It was FJSC Under 10 Blacks last match of a great season.  Twenty-one games were playedand the team won thirteen times, drawing three and only losing five matches.  In the cupthe boys reached the semi- final stage.


FJSC Under 10 Reds played away at Southport FC for their final  match of the season.   Chase Lowen opened the scoring for the Reds with a well taken goal.  The Reds looked to increase their lead but against the run of play Southport equalised before half time.  Chase Lowen then put FJSC in the lead again before Southport drew level for the second time and then went ahead with a close range effort. Try as they did the Reds could not find a third goal to tie the match.  


In an overall good performance Brett McKeown was once again very confident in goal.  James Hannan and Oliver Crouch were dependable in defence.  Joel Wright continued to mature in his new midfield role.  Campbell Woodcock, Haden Radcliffe, Tom Murphy, and Tommy Collins were dynamic in midfield and Isaac Pepper worked tirelessly up front.  The Man of the Match award went to Mason Todd for his good tackling along with anaudacious long range shot which the Southport FC keeper did well to tip over the bar.  See team photograph above.


FJSC Under 9 Whites were looking to maintain their one hundred per record league record when they played Southport FC Yellow in the last match of the season. Playing with a new formation FJSC Whites were almost ahead in the first ten seconds following a slick passing move and the quick one touch football was to be the pattern throughout the game. Jack Haggart opened the scoring with a twenty yard free kick. Theo White soon made it two with a jinking run and finish high into the net. Three quick fire goals followed including the goal of the match scored by James Smith.  Every player touching the ball in a one touch football move from one box to the other before James fired in from the edge of the area.


Henry Williamson’s pace and quick feet created many chances for his team mates. Also on the scoresheet were Walter Ramsdale, SebHodgson and Isaac Ade . At the back Isaac Higgins was like a rock in the sweeper role and in goal Fin Cregeen not only made some great saves to keep his clean sheet but was also calm and composed when under pressure.  Man of the Match was Seb Hodgson.  It was a near perfect performance and a fitting way for the FJSC Under 9 Whites to celebrate their season in style.

FJSC Under 9 Blacks last game of the season was a very close game against Burscough Dynamo.   The Blacks were largely in control of the game and Noah Underwood scored with a sublime finish following good work from Idris Jones.  FJSC created many chances but couldn’t put any others away and Burscough scored twice. Olly Stinson was deputising in goal for Max Byford and had an outstanding game with a Man of the Match display makingsome fantastic saves. It ended a very successful season for the boys.


FJSC Under 9 Reds finished the season with a tough match hosting Southport Trinity Whites.  The game started very evenly with both teams pressing hard.  A great run from in form Josh Robinson saw him rush through Trinity’s defence and slide the ball past the keeper to give FJSC the lead.   Once again Josh Robinson was involved in the box with some great battling to win the ball which came out to Owen Edney at the edge of the box. Owendrilled a great shot into the net to double the Reds lead.  Archie Taylor then added a third with a twenty yard shot.  Just before half time Southport Trinity scored and  just after the restart scored again.  Isaac Ignatowicz restored a two goal lead for the Reds with a well-taken penalty for the fourth goal.  In an exciting finale goalkeeper and Man of the Match Luke Madutlela made some excellent saves.  Southport Trinity did manage to score again but FJSC Reds held on to record their sixth win in the last seven matches.


FJSC Under 7 Whites had a fantastic game against really strong opponents.  Crosby Stuart raced into a two goal lead but FJSC kept fighting back.  Three impressive first half goals from Ben Donnelly, Logan Haggart and Franklin Chignell meant FJSC were still in the game trailing 5-3 at half time with some good tackling from Lucas Byrne and some great saves from Henry Ade.  


The second half was very evenly contested with Thomas North playing well in goal again.  Maxwell Rathbone defended strongly, LukeClarke continued his good form in midfield and Archie Jones came close to scoring on a number of occasions. Luke Clarke scored  but Crosby Stuart added a couple of goals to stay in front to the final whistle.


The second half of the season has been tough in the top league for the Under 7’s but the boys have been competitive in every game and have had a season they should be really proud of.  


FJSC Under 6 Whites played Stocky Grey.  It was a brilliant match and very close throughout.  FJSC took an early lead with goals from Leo Rogers and Cormac Nice.   The boys played well and although Stocky Grey did manage to score FJSC kept ahead. There could have been more goals in the match only for some fine saves by the two goalkeepers.  Man of the Match was Archie Parrish.


FJSC Under 6 Blacks were involved in a thirteen goal thriller with Crosby Juniors. FJSC went three goals down after the first third but clawed themselves back in the other two sessions to win by one goal.  Thomas Mitchell scored five times to take his total of goals scored to one hundred and two for the season which is a remarkable achievement.  Ollie Jones also scored but the winning goalwas scored by the ever improving Cole Jones who also capped a very good display by being the Man of the Match.   The Referee’s Player of the Match was Teddy Marron who has also improved immensely during the season.




It was the last round of the Year 6 and Year 7 Mini Tournament.  Falcons won the 1st / 2ndPlace Play Off against the Hawks.  The 3rd /4thPlace Play Off winners were the Kestrels who won their match with the Eagles.  


Taster sessions continued and will carry on for the final three Saturdays of the season.  All are welcome.


Amongst the goals last Saturday wereMaxwell Rathbone, Archie Jones, Ben Donnelly, Franklin Chignell, Finn McDerby, Campbell Woodcock, Haden Radcliffe, Ryan Lamb, Tom Murphy, Peter McCormick, Owen Edney, Ben Harris, Lucas Lewis, Max Brown, George Kallianiotis, Noah Bate, Joby Varey, Harry Osbaldeston, William Madutlela, Riley Higgs, Ezra Sutton, Henry Todd, Ethan Murphy and Josh Kearney.  




At Deansgate Lane Playing Fields on Saturday 4th May 2024 on the pitches nearest to the FJSC Clubhouse.


Goalkeepers.     9.00 am – 9.30 am  

Years 6/7.           9.30 am - 10.45 am

Years 8/9.           9.45 am - 11.00 am

4’s & Reception 10.45 am - 11.45am

Years 1/2.          10.45 am -11.45 am

Years 3, 4 & 5 .  11.15 am - 12.15pm


For more information contact Frank Rourke at 


There will be free TASTER SESSIONS from 10.45 -11.45 am each Saturday.  This is ideal for those who wish to give football a try.  It will include half an hour coaching which will be followed by a fun game of football. There will be no charge just come along.  ALL ARE WELCOME.


FJSC Under 9 Blacks are looking for at least four new players for next season to play Sunday football in the Craven Minor League with 11am kick offs.

A practice to form this new team will be held at Deansgate Lane on SUNDAY 5TH MAY AT 9.30AM.  All those interested are asked to attend if they wish to be considered for the team.

It would be helpful if parents could email Frank Rourke at if they wish their son to be considered.  A decision on whether the team will go ahead will depend on the attendance and interest at this practice.  The present FJSC Under 8 Whites squad are also asked to attend this session.  


FJSC Annual Presentation Evening will be held at the Gild Hall, Church Road Formby on Friday 10th May.

6.30 -7.15pm for FJSC Under 6 teams, Under7 teams, Under 8 teams and Inter Club boys in Year 1, 2 and 3.

7.15 – 8pm for FJSC Under 9 teams, Under 10 teams and all Inter Club boys in Year 4 and Year 5.

8.15 -9.15pm for FJSC Under 11 teams, Under12 teams, the Under 13 team and Under 14 teams plus all Inter Club boys in Year 6,7, 8 and 9.



GA Bathrooms.jpeg
Premier Fencing Large Square.jpg
BLD Studio.png
Large Square Advert.jpg
square with Hot Tub.jpg
Square Advert 1.jpg
Square Advert.jpg
square with Hot Tub.jpg
BLD Studio.png
Large Square Advert.jpg

Submit Your News to Formby Bubble

Contact us with your Community News, Business or Sports News. 

Phone our Newsdesk on: 01704 86 30 30 






Please submit your news story to, the biggest news outlet for Formby with over 40,000 individual hits on our website every month and over 500,000 page views!

  • Instagram
  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
Featured Stories
Banner with Hot Tub.jpg
bottom of page