Jellyfish on the beach caused sickness in a dog
Jellyfish have been washed up on Crosby beach and could also appear on Formby beach and they have caused sickness in a local dog.
Someone on Formby Lost and Found pets Facebook page said: "Be careful if you are planning on taking your dog's to Crosby beach. My dog Madison has just had to be rushed to the vets after she licked a dead jelly fish on the beach (they were everywhere) before I could get her away she had licked it and started vomiting immediately."
"It was so scary she looked like she couldn't breath and was struggling to swallow. I rushed her to the vets and they gave her an injection of steroids to help her breath. Such a scary experience after taking her somewhere she has always loved going!"
Madison is thankfully alright now but the owner would like to warn everyone to please be careful.